QuesTek is both a pioneer and current market leader in Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME), leveraging technologies proven to reduce the development time and cost, and to increase the performance of novel materials.
QuesTek empowers innovators by resolving materials challenges
In its market space, QuesTek is the only provider to execute the full cycle from novel design to production, certification, and flight operations with proprietary materials, in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional or purely algorithmic methods.
QuesTek's History: A Timeline
QuesTek launches the first comprehensive materials engineering and design platform available as a SaaS to organizations engaged in materials innovation.
QuesTek is accepted into the MIT Startup Exchange and opens a Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
QuesTek Japan is established in Tokyo as a joint venture between ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation (CTC) and QuesTek International LLC.
QuesTek Europe is established in Stockholm, Sweden, as a corporate joint venture between QuesTek International LLC and Thermo-Calc Software AB.
In an 8-figure transaction, Apple acquired QuesTek engineers and technology deployed on the Apple Watch and iPhone.
QuesTek Innovations LLC — formed by Greg Olson, Charlie Kuehmann, Ray Genellie and Charlie West — pioneers Integrated Computational Materials Engineering (ICME).
Awards and Recognition
- 2023 – Nations Best and Brightest Award
- 2023 – Chicago’s Best and Brightest
- 2022 – ASM International Pacesetter Award
- 2021 – ASM International Engineering Materials Achievement Award
- 2016 – White House Materials Genome Initiative recognizes QuesTek
- 2002 – Department of Defense Project of the Year
- 2002 – Chicago Innovations Award
- 1998 – IndustryWeek Technologies of the Year